I’m excited to have been nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award by Rei from Ririereirei! I’ve only had my blog for just over a month now and this is my first nomination, so I’m looking forward to filling out the questions.
Edit: I have also been nominated by Allaboutleanne so I have added her questions in as well 🙂
Both of these bloggers are fantastic and I would highly recommend checking them out.
The rules for this award are:
- State the name of the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked by the person that nominated you.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers whose blogs are about fashion or beauty.
- The people who you nominate have to have under 200 followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
The questions I was asked by Rei:
1. When did you start to love beauty and skin care?I’ve tried to have a skincare routine ever since I was around 11 years old, but I didn’t start learning the science behind it and becoming way too obsessed until around 2 years ago.
2. Which product will you recommend others to try? This one is a hard one because I love so many products! I will have to say “Shigaisen Yohou UV Cream 4+”. It’s a physical sunscreen that is PA++++. My skin is very sensitive and I have a hard time with chemical sunscreens, so this is perfect for me.
3. Splurge on beauty or fashion? Definitely beauty, I have far too many skincare products and not enough skin to put them on!
4. Where usually your go to store to purchase your make up? I tend to buy most of my makeup online. I love both Innisfree and Adorn Cosmetics products, so their online stores are where I shop most.
5. Summer vs winter? Summer all the way! I hate being cold.
6. Which cosmetic ingredients you always try to avoid? Denatured alcohol. My skin is so sensitive and always becomes irritated if I use products with it.
7. What is your favourite skin care brand? Innisfree. I love their natural ingredients and they’re always gentle on my skin.
8. When was the happiest moment of your life? I would have to say walking along the beach at summer dusk in Cinque Terre with a jazz band busking nearby. Everything about that moment was perfect.
9. Which beauty item represents your personality? A nude lipstick. I’m not super ‘out there’ and prefer to keep it low key.
10. What are your secret beauty tips? In winter my skin is always dry and dull, so I always apply Vaseline on certain areas of my face to give a dewy finish.
Questions I was asked by allaboutleanne
1. What is your favorite lipstick or lip color? I used to wear a lot of bright reds but these days I prefer a nude lip. If I’m feeling adventurous I will go for a coral colour.
2. How would you describe your fashion style? I love lots of bright coloured skirts, but the rest of my outfit tends to be neutrals.
3. What is your favorite quote? “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
4. If you could choose any city in the world, where would you live? I would love to live in Monterosso, Cinque Terre. I think it’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.
5. What is your #1 must-have makeup or skin care item? Sunscreen. I can’t go out without wearing it!
6. Why did you start blogging? I felt like there was a lot of misinformation about skincare online and I wanted to write researched posts and help people learn how to work out which information was correct or incorrect.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why? I’m not sure if this means season wise or celebration wise. So I’m going to say Christmas! I really love going to see the holiday lights and the Christmas cheer.
8. How do you stay motivated? I think exercise helps a lot. I always feel so much more motivated after a hard exercise session. So I always make sure to schedule those in.
9. What is your favorite beauty tip or trick? I wrote this in the other questions too, but when my skin is feeling super dry in winter I like to add vaseline for a dewy look.
10. What is your favorite food? Chocolate! No matter how healthy I try to eat, I can never seem to give up chocolate.
Now onto the 10 facts about me:
- I work as a photographer and photo retoucher, beauty blogging is just my hobby.
- I’m way too obsessed with chocolate and pineapple. Once I ate an entire pineapple by myself.
- I don’t like the taste of any other drinks besides water and fresh fruit/vegetable smoothies. This includes tea, coffee, alcohol, soda etc.
- I learn Spanish as a hobby and am currently reading the Spanish print of “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”.
- I usually have a quote from “The Simpsons” for almost every situation that arises.
- I have a guilty pleasure for bad reality TV.
- The first thing I do in the morning is reads the news while eating breakfast (I feel like my grandpa).
- I think baby elephants are the most adorable creatures on earth.
- I worked at a bowling bar (a bowling alley that is kind of like a nightclub) for 2 years yet have never been bowling past the age of 11.
- I have an irrational fear of people touching my face.
I’m quite new to blogging so I don’t know a whole heap of other beauty bloggers yet, but I had a big long look through a bunch of blogs I like and I nominate:
- Exclusively Emily
- Skincare Safari
- Pastel Breezes
- A Tale of Poo & Kan
- Raw acne fighter
- Opulent Hippie
- Whiskey Mouth
- Hello Lavender
- Kittenish Girl
- Cappuccinos and biscottis
Questions to answer:
- How many products do you use in your skincare routine?
- What is the worst product you have ever used?
- Do you have a makeup or fashion icon?
- What is your favourite beauty tip?
- Whats the top thing on your bucket list?
- What is the most expensive beauty or skincare product you have ever bought?
- Whats your favourite hobby to do in your spare time?
- Can you speak any other languages?
- What is your favourite skincare or makeup brand?
- Do you have any ingredients you specifically try to look out for or avoid?
Thanks for the nomination!