O Cosmedics are an Australian brand that focus on the science behind skincare. Their products are generally on the high end side and focus on the use of active ingredients. I’m not usually one to buy high end products as I believe that there are many great affordable products that do the same thing. However I have been drawn to a couple of O Cosmetics products as I love companys that focus on the science behind skincare rather than using marketing slogans, I use their sunscreen daily.
$92AUD for 30ml (0.2ml per ‘pump’)
This is a mix between a watery and gel texture, and spreads on the skin very smoothly. Not only does it sink in very quickly but my face feels very refreshed afterwards.
Ingredients I like:
- Retinyl Palmitate: A type of Vitamin A. While this ingredient is not as strong as retinol or prescription retinoids, it is also very beneficial in anti-ageing. Paula’s Choice also mentions the benefit this ingredient as an antioxidant and skin cell regulator.
- Niacinamide: Super beneficial for anti-ageing. This helps to improve skin elasticity, helps to erase discolouration and helps to prevent skin from moisture loss. Nicki Zevloa from FutureDerm also talks about how this ingredient stimulates protein (collagen) synthesis.
- L-Sodium Hyaluronate: Hyaluronic acid in salt form. Aids skin in water retention, keeping the skin hydrated and smooth.
- I personally really like the silky feel of this serum and it has definitely made my skin more soft and hydrated
- It has a number of beneficial ingredients that are fantastic for anti-ageing
- The finish is perfect
- The packaging is beautiful
- One of my concerns is that while this does have good ingredients, there are a couple that don’t have a whole lot of research to back up their claims. O Cosmedics have their ‘world exclusive’ V8 peptide complex™, but I am struggling to find any more information on this particular ingredient besides websites advertising O Cosmedics themselves.
- It’s a little pricey
Before I repurchase this product I would personally like to see more research published for V8 peptide complex™. In saying that, I do think this product has a number of other well researched ingredients that are beneficial for anti-ageing.