A couple of months ago I went on a crazy shopping spree and bought 50 MBD sheet masks. Their masks are known to be great for sensitive skin and have an abundance of beneficial ingredients.
This particular mask is supposed to be for ‘extremely dry skin’. My skin suffered quite bad in the winter months so I needed something super moisturising.
I really like a lot of the ingredients in these masks. It’s hard to find some of them listed online but thankfully all of them are listed on the back of each mask.
$15AUD for a box of 10
Ingredients I like:
- Hyaluronic acid: According to Paula’s Choice, who sources Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, July 2014, pages 177–184, it is able to prevent moisture loss as well as having cell communicating abilities. This could even help prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Macadamia seed oil: Rich in squalene, which is an anti-oxidant found naturally in human skin surface lipids. It’s best used with dry skin as a moisturising ingredient as well as having a chemical profile very similar to human sebum.
- Aloe Vera: Anti-immflamatory properties that also help to reduce any redness on the skin.
There are numerous other ingredients throughout which are beneficial including urea, algae extract and glycerin.
- Very moisturising
- Leaves me skin dewey and ‘plump’
- Easy to use
- Many beneficial ingredients
- Has some potentially irritating ingredients such as Arnica montana flower extract, lemon extract and grapefruit extract
I really like this mask, it works super well for my skin. I think I will definitely buy it again.