Things are really heating up in Australia so I’ve been on the search for an every day heavy duty sunscreen. I had heard great reviews about the SPF30+ version of this sunscreen, but I wanted to try out the 50+.
In Australia, unlike a couple of other countries, SPF takes into consideration the UVA protection as well. So if you get a high SPF, you can be sure you are also getting adequate UVA protection as well.
Remember, UVA rays can cause skin cancer and premature ageing.
Mecca is an Australian brand. I like to think of it as the Australian Sephora (except for the fact that Sephora just recently opened here!). They stock other brands as well as having their own.
$40AUD for 75mL
It’s very creamy. However, it’s not too thick or greasy and rubs in really easily.
Ingredients I like:
- Hyaluronic acid: Super moisturising and prevents water loss. It can keep skin tone even and smooth
- Pomegranate extract: Has antioxidant properties. This can help reduce inflammation as well as improve the appearance of wrinkled skin.
- Cruelty free
- It has a beautiful finish that isn’t greasy nor too matte
- It doesn’t make me break out
- No white cast
- Super high protection!
- At first it does feel a little thick to rub in, but that disappears quickly
Absolutely! I have been using this sunscreen every day for the past couple of weeks. It is quite difficult to find a high protection sunscreen in Australia that is also cosmetically elegant. Fortunately this Mecca sunscreen fits everything I need!